Monday, October 15, 2012

"Wondering Where the Lions Are"

"Sun's up..mmm----mmm, looks okay
And the world survives into another day.
And I'm thinking about eternity...
Some kind of ectasy has a hold..on..me.

Had another dream about lions at the door
But they weren't as frightening as they were before
And I'm thinkin' about eternity......"  Bruce Cockburn "Wondering Where the Lions Are

    I just recieved one more gift I had to share.  At 3:30 this morning I awoke with a wonderful awareness that in a book quote, certainly a bible verse, song lyric, a conversation with a friend, sun rise or down...as the Jesuits say "God Is In ALL Things".  It's how comfort and peace are distributed.  An intimate memory of someone, a smile at the right time, a compliment.  Even "bad" things that give us perspective, which is a wonderful (and valuable) thing.  Divine presence.  His Creation.
     I guess I've always known that His love was shown thru the efforts of His people...kindness, acts of charity, forgiveness...but the more subtle feelings of peace and comfort seemed to just appear.  Feelings of joy and a sense of beauty seemed to find their way into my mind, and heart, as "by-products". 
    This morning I realized they are gifts, just as friendship and family are gifts, and that...it's all very deliberate and to the point...when they are most needed.  Thankyou Lord for THIS day....   

No comments:

Post a Comment